Followers

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Black tea cupcakes with cardamom and honey buttercream

Its been a busy week for me. My parents took off on their bike and have been gone for a week now and I'm solely managing the clinic ! I could get used to being my own boss I think! I love my job. I'm so happy that I do. I've always had hobbies on the side.I took up sewing not too long ago. Sadly I lost interest after a while but doesn't seem to be the same with baking. I absolutely love it.

I'm a coffee person.person. I'm addicted. I have close to eight cups of coffee everyday.  I've used coffee in a lot of desserts. I love pairing coffee with chocolate. Tea,on the other hand,I'm not too fond of. Well there are days I like to experiment and today is one such day. I've made black tea orange cake before and that turned out great. Today I decided to make black tea cupcakes.  I love my tea with some cardamom so I added some to the cupcakes as well. For the frosting, I added honey to good old buttercream.

For the cupcakes-

You will need-

Half a cup of butter
One and half cup of flour
Two eggs
Three quarters of a  cup of caster sugar
One and a half teaspoons of baking powder
One teaspoon of vanilla essence
Three black tea bags
Half a cup of milk
One teaspoon of ground cardamom

Directions-
Pre heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Place the cupcake liner in the baking tin and keep it ready.

Bring the milk to a boil and then place the tea bags in it for about three minutes.Add the cardamom to it. Let the mixture cool down and strain it and keep it aside.

Cream together the butter ad sugar for about two minutes.Add the eggs,one at a time and continue to whisk.

Add the sifted dry ingredients and fold it in.Add the tea mixture and vanilla. Bake for about 15 minutes.

For the Honey Buttercream-

You will need-
Half a cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
Two cups of icing sugar
Two tablespoons of heavy cream
One and half tablespoon of honey


Directions-

Cream the butter with an electric whisk for about two minutes .Add the sugar half a cup at a time and continue to whisk.Add the honey and cream and fill the piping bags.



No comments:

Post a Comment